Here's how to get started with your own book or documentation.
- Make sure you have NodeJS installed, you can get latest LTS version from official site.
- Open a terminal/command prompt window and bootstrap a new project with
npx create-next-app my-awesome-book -e https://github.com/amiroff/NextBook
- Change into just created project folder with
npm run dev:watch command and start local web server.
- Open http://localhost:3000/ in browser of your choise.
- Check documentation to see what's possible with NextBook.
- Create your markdown or MDX content in
content folder. Pages should auto-refresh as you modify markdown content.
config/config.json with your table of contents and other information.
pages/index.jsx to suit your needs as a standalone landing page or as a redirect to content.
- Once you are happy with content, deploy your repository to any static hosting provider like Vercel, Netlify, Github Pages or Google Cloud. I recommend Vercel.